Truck Driver Jobs in Canada with VISA Sponsorship- Apply Now
Truck Driver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship is open for those seeking for job as a truck driver in Canada. Trucking industry in Canada is a huge asset to the nation and there are a lot of vacancies.
There’re a lot of Trucking and hauling agencies that needs Truck drivers and they are willing to hire. So Truck driver jobs in Canada with Visa sponsorship are possible.
Companies are in high rise everyday and this makes truck drivers to be in excessive demands. They are willing to pay for skilled truck drivers. Because of the lack of enough truck drivers, there’s high demand for truck drivers in Canada.
Truck drivers have permission to drive and to tour throughout the entire country. However, it depends on your income. Also, qualified Truck drivers in Canada can make extra gain from traveling from one state to the other.
Why are Truck Drivers needed in Canada?
Truck drivers are in urgent need in Canada because of increasing in the haulage related businesses across the country. Also, from a recent survey in Canada, it shows that by 2024, Canadian trucking sector will be short of 48,000 long-haul truckers.
So, as a truck driver in and outside of Canada, this is good news for you. This information will create an opportunity for anyone looking forward to traveling to Canada for this kind of work.
The good news here is that the transportation industry in Canada has continues to be in high demand and employment vacancies for Long-haul truck drivers.
Moreso, the Canadian government is very supportive of allowing eligible foreign employees seeking work as truck drivers in the country with work Visas. However, if you apply in any of the companies and get the job, you may be given Visa sponsorship.
READ ALSO: CANADA STUDENT VISA WITHOUT IELTS
Truck Driver Job in Canada with sponsorship Visa- Requirements
Now I’ll take a look at the requirements of getting a truck driver job in Canada. It’ll help you to know what you need is as a truck driver seeking for job in Canada. As a truck driver in Canada you should be expecting the following:
- Permanent work in Canada, full-time, over-time, weekend work, day , night and evening works.
- You’ll need a secondary school diploma
- A heavy duty driving expertise will be an additional value.
- Should have ability to communicate in basic or functional English if necessary.
- You need licenses, memberships, courses and other credential for the job.
- Should have a valid driver’s license, class 1 or A . Also should have the air brake (Z) endorsement.
- Familiar with trucking equipment types such as Tractor-trailer, Flatbed, Refrigerated, highway, straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles).
- Have knowledge of basic security clearance, criminal background check, and driving check (abstract), a medical examination proof and drug test.
- You must be willing to travel throughout the Canada and United states. Must be willing to travel during the day, night and long hours.
- Must have the legal documents and permission to work in Canada and also ready to operate in a two-person team that will drive the long-haul trucks.
Skills you Require Drive Trucks in Canada
- To operate and drive straight or articulated trucks for transportation of products and supplies.
- Must possess the ability to plan trip routes and schedules.
- Should be able to load cargoes and unload, tarping, and guarantee cargo safety and security.
- You must be able to use atlases and other planning tools that will help plan your journey.
The Top Provincial Programs for Truck driver jobs in Canada
Below is the rundown of the where to find a truck driver jobs in Canada with Sponsorship Visa
The British Columbia
It’s a Provincial Program for Truck drivers in Canada. And it offers a full-time job offer in long-haul trucking.It’s a gold standard for candidates in British Columbia’s entry-level and semi-skilled category. There’s and available position of over 400 positions on the job bank. Also, Truck drivers can live in the province permanently. You can get more details bout immigration in British Columbia at this website https://www.immigration.ca/british-immigration/
There’re over 837 jobs now available in Quebec. When it comes to truck drivers opportunities, Quebec is leanding. From one of the Quebec’s government employment website, the truck driver employment opportunities are ‘excellent’.
To visit the Quebec website, go to https://www.immigration.ca/en/quebecimmigrationprovincial.html.
As experienced and qualified truck drivers, you can get work offer in Ontario. However, you can still get a permanent residence permit in Canada, after some time. This was possible after the NOC code for transport for truck drivers (7511) as added to Ontario immigration Nominee program employer in July 2019.
Visit the Ontario immigration website at https://www.immigration.ca/en/ontario-immigration.html.
In Alberta, Truck drivers are in high demand. This is possible under the immigration Nominee program. Alberta has over 500 job openings on the employment bank. I want to let you know that Alberta Opportunity stream and Alberta Express Entry are open for qualified truck drivers.
Truck drivers in Manitoba are open for business. And you can hire them through the Federal Labor Market Impact Assessment for Temporary Foreign workers Process. It’s provincial Nominee program allows on businesses to hire outside the LMIA. You can visit the Manitoba immigration website at https://www.immigration.ca/en/manitoba-immigration.html
The Newfoundland and Labrador
The Province has a Truck driving as a significant occupation for immigration job opportunities in 2025. However, trucking companies are advised to apply for only eligible truck drivers.
This Province in Canada has a separate long- haul Truck driver’s sub-category. Truck drivers qualify for in demand categories.
In Nova Scotia, truck drivers are one of the tow target jobs in the Nova Scotia Nominee Program. Also, it provides a clear road to permanent residence for drivers. In addition, you can trust to get truck driver job in Canada with Visa Sponsorship.
Salaries for Truck Drivers in Canada
In Canada, truck drivers’ hourly salaries are competitive with the national and provincial averages.
Report from the job bank and statistics in Canada shows that the median wage of truck drivers is a bit lower than the national average. However, it can soar to above $32 per hour.
For those thinking of a truck driver job with visa sponsorship in Canada for as foreigners you’re in the right place. In this article you’ll find the right solution from the programs offered from the country states.