Rotary Peace Fellowships Fully Funded – Apply Now
You can start your study abroad venture by taking advantage of Rotary Peace Fellowships that are currently open. In this post, we’ll explain to you the details about this scholarship, its benefits, and step by the step application process.
READ ALSO: USA SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
The Rotary Peace Fellowship 2023- 2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. All these scholarships offer an opportunity for master’s studies. Its program that covers tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all the internship and field-study expenses.
The Rotary Peach Fellowship awards up to 150 students each year. The fellowship offers these scholarships for them to pursue a professional development Certificate program or master’s or even Masters’s Degree program related to peace and conflict resolution and its prevention.
Since 2002 the program started, and the Rotary Peace Centers have trained over 1,400 fellows that now work in over 115 countries.
READ ALSO: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN SCHOLARSHIP- USA
Most of them serve as leaders in governments, NGOs, the military, education, law enforcement, and international organization such as the United Nations and the World Bank.
The Institutions for Rotary Peace Fellowships are:
- The Duke University and University of North Carolina at the Chapel Hill, USA
- The International Christian University in Japan
- University of Bradford in England
- The University of Queensland, Australia
- Uppsala University in Sweden
- Chulalongkorn University, Thailand for a certificate program
- The Makerere University in Uganda for a certificate program
Things to Note: Fellowship recipients may not study at a Rotary Peace Center in their native country. Though, this is with exception of candidates from Thailand, who may attend the center at the Chulalongkorn University.
READ ALSO: YALE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS-USA
The scholarship Summary of Rotary Peace Fellowship
- The Level of Study: Masters
- Study institution(s): From the list above
- Study location: USA, UK, Japan, Australia, Sweden, Thailand, and Uganda
- Period of the Program: It’s 15 to 24 months for the Master’s degree programs and 3-Months for the professional development certificate program.
- Deadline for application: It’s May 15, 2022, annually
- Number of Scholarships: It’s up to 50 Fellowships for Masters’s degrees and 80 for certificate studies at the universities each year.
- The opportunity focus areas: International Development, Peace, and leadership.
The scholarship Coverage
The Rotary Fellowships cover the following:
- Tuition and fees
- Room and board
- Round-trip transportation
- All internship and field-study expenses
The Qualification for Rotary Peace Fellowship
The Rotary peace Fellowships is created for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict resolutions. All applicants should endeavor to meet the following requirements:
READ ALSO: UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS SCHOLARSHIPS USA
- Eligible countries: All countries of the world are qualified for this scholarship
- English proficiency: English proficiency is high recommendable
- There should be leadership skill
- Must have a strong commitment to international understanding and peace as shown through professional and also academic achievements and personal or community service.
- All Master’s degree applicants: Should have a minimum of three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience and a bachelor’s degree.
- Every Certificate applicant: Must have a minimum of five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience with a strong academic background.
- Must take part in the eligibility quiz.
Steps to apply for the Rotary Peace Fellowship program
Before you apply for the Rotary Peace Fellowships, you’ll take the following steps:
- Start by reviewing the application guidelines and also check the eligibility requirements and restrictions
- Make proper research of the curriculum and programs at every of the Rotary peace centers. Then, you’ll be asked to rank two centers if you prefer
- Prepare your scholarship application including your resume/CV, essays, academic or professional recommendations, transcript, and test scores. However, all materials must be in the English language.
- For certificate candidates- Your transcripts and scores are not that important here
- Proceed to contact your Local Rotary district before submitting your application to request an interview. In addition, your district endorsement is needed for the application process.
Note: The local club can be of help to connect you with your district. So, you can use a club finder to locate the club nearest to you. The club interviews and recommendations are of great importance but not required for candidates that have district support.
READ ALSO: UNIVERSITY OF STANFORD SCHOLARSHIP USA
- Before the saidE interviews, you’ll submit your online application to your district by 15 May.
- Proceed to complete an interview with district representatives. The district must submit endorsements to the Rotary Foundation by 1 July.
- You’ll complete an interview with the district representatives. Also, the district must submit endorsements to the Rotary foundation by the first of July.
- Therefore, wait for the notice of the election results in November. If you are selected for a fellowship, you’ll be told at the particular peace center you’ll study.
- Apply for admission to the university where your peace center is.
- As you’re selected, the fellowship doesn’t mean you have been admitted to the university.
To know more about this Rotary Peace Fellowships, you can visit the official website for the application.