Mandela Washington Fellowship 2023- How to Apply
The U. S department of state and IREX announces the Mandela Washington fellowship program 2021/022. It’s available for participants that are in a six-week leadership institution the U.S universities to share their idea or experience to learn with u.s citizens and other fellows.
SEE ALSO: UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS IN THE USA
Moreover in this fellowship, they had a flagship program in the united state for the young African leader initiative (YALI) therefore this fellowship has over the year, brought several young leaders all over the county in sub-Saharan Africa to the united state for academic and leadership training.
Therefore to be part of this fellowship, interested candidates are to meet the following requirement:
- Moreover, the candidate will be 25 to 35 on or before the application deadline, although exceptional applicants will be of 21 -24 will be considered;
- They’re not u.s citizens or permanent residents in the United States;
- However, they are eligible to receive a united state J-1visa;
- Moreover, they are not employees or immediate family members of the employee at u.s government (including a u.s. embassy or consulate, USAID, or other u.s. government entity);
- There must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English (additional guidance coming for applicants who are deaf);
- However, the citizen of one of the following countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Togo Zambia, South Africa, Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, Niger, Sao tome and principle, Nigeria, Zimbabwe;
- So the residents of one of the above countries;
- They’re no alumni of their Mandela Washington fellowship.
SEE ALSO: HONJO INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS JAPAN
Applicant procedures-Mandela Washington Fellowship
Therefore, those eligible, interested, and able to applicants for the Mandela Washington
Fellowship programs 2023 are to apply online before the application deadline.
WORLD BANK GROUP AFRICA FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
There is a World Bank Group Africa region announcing the opening of the application for the 2022 World Bank Group Africa fellowship program for that candidates to enroll in a Ph.D. program and recent Ph.D. graduates who are nationals of sub-Saharan Africa.
So, Therefore the World Bank Group (WBG) Africa fellowship program wants a target of all talented and young Africa who is completing or has recently completed their Ph.D. in a relevant area to the World Bank’s activity and program. So this program offers chosen fellows a six-month assignment at World Bank Group offices in Washington D.C or in-country offices to gain hands-on ideas or experience.
Study level: postdoctoral and doctoral candidates
Fellowship sponsor: word bank group
Duration: 6 months
Number of awards: several
Host institution: World Bank Group offices
Here is to be obtained for the World Bank Group Africa fellowship program 2022,
Applicants are to consider the following criteria:
- Therefore, the applicant must possess an excellent command of English, both written and verbal:
- However, the applicant must be in possession of strong quantitative and analytical skill
- There’re selected candidates who will be notified upon acceptance. It’ll be heard as short terms consultants for six months starting from January 2021. Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C, or a WBG country office from their university or institution, and worker’s compensation insurance.
- Therefore the entire application must be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
- All the applicants must be recent Ph.D. graduates. They will be between three years of completion or enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Therefore the person must demonstrate strong academic and leadership potential as evident in their academic credential.
Therefore these are the procedure for the applicants to the world bank group Africa fellowship program,
However, all interested applicants are to visit the official application website and complete the online application form, therefore also assuring all the applicants to attach the required support for proper and quick documentation. So all applicants are to ensure that they provide accurate information for the good and growth of the program.