Fulbright Scholarships 2023- How to Apply
In case you’ve been looking forward to studying in the USA with a fully funded scholarship then, this is your chance. However, the Fulbright scholarships 2023 open you to apply. In this post, we’ll explain to you about this scholarship, the benefits, and how to apply.
READ ALSO: HOW TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD
The Fulbright Scholarship 2022-2023 is a full funding scholarship for international students. However, the scholarship only opens for Masters’s and Ph.D. studies. Also, the Fulbright scholarship covers the full tuition fee, living expenses, full accommodation, fares, and health insurance. The sponsorship is the sole responsibility of the U.S department of state.
It’s from the U.S government’s flagship international education exchange program. However, it’s designed to nurture mutual understanding among nations through their educational and cultural exchange.
In addition, the grants are awarded despite the race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity of the applicants.
About Fulbright Scholarships 2023
The scholarship program of Fulbright aims at providing opportunities to different groups of persons in U.S Universities or colleges. Also, it’s majorly for groups of people economically disadvantaged. Minority and traditionally underrepresented backgrounds are considered first.
The USA provides Fulbright scholarships to thousands of international students in 155 countries. Members from these countries are given the opportunity to pursue their academics in the U.S. The scholarship started in 1946. The scholarship was initiated to help artistic, young, and talented foreign students to pursue their graduate studies in world-class research in the U.S.
The merit-based scholarship of Fulbright provides up to 5 years of funding for graduate and Ph.D. studies. The studies can take place in any of the U.S universities. To date, Fulbright has continued to support a lot of students with grants in the United States.
AmidEast has been placing students across the MENA region in universities all through the United States. So, it has been a huge success for the Fulbright program. It serves as a convener of academic and cultural exchange and dialogue.
The Summary of Fulbright Scholarship
- Level of Study: Masters and Ph.D
- Institutions(s) USA Universities and Academic institutions.
- Study location: USA
- Courses of Study: All fields including interdisciplinary courses.
- Program duration: Depends on the Selected program
- The Scholarship deadline: It varies per country, some Feb. to Oct yearly.
The Fulbright Scholarship Coverage
The Fullbright Scholarship 2023 is a fully funded scholarship offering all the recipients the following benefits:
- This scholarship covers the tuition, airfare, health insurance, and living stipend. And so on. The Fulbright program offers funds for the duration of the study.
- Here are the official website and country and the specific websites for the full list of scholarship benefits.
Criteria for Fulbright Scholarship 2023
If you’re to qualify for the scholarship, you must meet the following criteria as follows:
- The right Language: English
- Eligible countries: All international students from 155 countries around the world.
- The program qualification and selection vary by country
- However, see the country-specific websites for details.
How to apply for the Fulbright scholarship
Follow the steps below to apply:
- Visit the online application site
- Fill in all the requirements for the application
- Prepare your academic Transcript and degrees
- Every transcript and degree from a 4-year undergraduate degree or the equivalent, including three-year bachelor programs or ACCA. The Ph.D. applicants must submit their MPhil or MS degrees and transcript. However, you can apply even in your final year or undergraduate studies if you provide your degree.
Also, the USEFP will check your transcript and as well your GPA. From this, they’ll check your school, the courses you took and the performance courses. Also, they account for the fact different universities have various grading systems. The minimum GPA to apply isn’t certain. However, most successful Fulbright students have good undergraduate records.
- Take GRE general test and TOFEL Exams
As you submit your applications, you can report the unofficial GRE score you got on the day of the test. Rather you can submit the official score you received. All applicants must request that ETS send an official score report required at the time of application to USEFP with the code 9388.
The minimum score for GRE for Fulbright is 138 for verbal and 136 for quantitative. But the generally acceptable for applicants is to have a GRE score that is high.
Though if you take took GRE multiple times, you can report your best score for Fulbright to use. The TOEFL isn’t needed for application submissions. All you have to do is to take the TOEFL exam if you are called upon for the interview. And IELTS isn’t needed.
- Prepare your Two Essays
You’ve to write 2 essays for the Fulbright application. It must be written in the space provided in the application form. And it must be approximately 800 words.
- Three recommendation letters needed
You’ll need 3 recommendations will be submitted. 3 academic reference letters or 2 academic and 1 professional or 2 professional and 1 academic. So, you need 1 academic reference letter. Moreso, your referees will fill out the reference forms for the application.
They’ll sign and stamp and also seal them in an envelope. If you submit your online application your referee will be sent an online form by mail.
- Prepare your academic Resume
You must prepare a current and most up-to-date resume in the form provided.
- Submit your online application
You shouldn’t pay any online fee for submitting the application.
After submission of your application, you may be invited to a panel interview. And it’s the interview that decides. However, if you don’t hear from USEFP by October, it’ll imply that you’ve not been selected. Though the interview is an indicator of selection.
But it’s not guaranteed. However, interviews are 15 to 30 minutes and are conducted by a panel of 4 people. So, you’ll have to take your TOEFL registration slip with you during the interview.
Therefore, it’s important you visit the official website of the country for more information and on how to apply.